Sunday, December 9, 2007

Blogging Blogs

So I have recently been inspired by some bloggers in my life. I have resisted the temptation to blog, mostly because I did not want the "blogger" epithet following me around. It sounds like an insult. "Hey you big blogger...why don't you go blog something?!" Either that, or a chronic disease. "You'll have to excuse me. My blog is flaring up again."

But I was catching up on my friend, Heidi's, blog. She had a list of other blogs she knew of. I was surprised to see my name on the list. Oh yeah...I started a blog. Once. Somewhere. Come to find out (by following her link) I had a total of one shining entry: March 5, 2007. I figured "Well, as long as I'm already a blogger, might as well blog something" I needed to start a new blog, though, because that other one was dumb.

Just in case any of your are wondering (or just in case anyone is actually reading this) I have decided to see how many times I can use the word blog in my....blog.

Current blog count: 11.

Then I decided to go check out some of my other favorite blogs: Dan and Liz's and Kara Brandt's. All the entries I read were so positive and uplifting. They seriously made me want to be a better person. I thought to myself, "I want to blog so that I can make someone out there in cyberland want to be a better person." It was then that I realized, "Wait a minute....a blog is only as positive and inspiring as the blogger."

Shoot.

Oh well....might as well finish what I started.

Heidi's blog is currently chronicling her son's thumb-sucking-weaning adventures. I think my blog is going to focus on my attempts at impatience-weaning. I have been so cranky and impatient with my poor kiddies lately. I'd like to blame it on pregnancy, but then what's my excuse for the other 6 months out of this year??

Dan and Liz have a list of all the books they are currently enjoying. Maybe I can blog the books I have thought about reading at one time in my life and would probably go far in making me inspiring and positive if I can ever get around to them.

Current blog count: 18

Alright....so I've got a few ideas as to paths this blog may take. Now I just need to get typing. Oh yeah...and I guess if I'm going to write about my impatience-weaning process, I should start working on my patience. Any bloggers out there have some good tips?

(I promise I didn't just insult you.)

3 comments:

Lisa Presley said...

Shannon, you are hillarious! I love your wit when you write stuff...you should be a professional blogger...very entertaining stuff! Come on, where's some more??? Love ya! L

Shannon said...

Hmmmmm... I have it on good authority that this is shaping up to be a Shannykinsblog. No problem, just noticing the misleading name that's all. Other than that I'd say it's looking pretty good.

Shannon said...

Ahem....that was decidedly NOT the maternal parental unit who wrote that last comment, unless said unit is typing in her sleep :)