Thursday, May 22, 2008

Refocusing

I had kind of a stressful morning. So now I'm going to sit, take a deep breath, and write some things I'm thankful for...in no particular order...and find my zen.

Some things I'm thankful for on this rainy Thursday:
  • Baby wipes
  • Tootsie Rolls
  • The way Mede says thank you ("dee doo")
  • Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (that's actually a love/hate relationship, but I'm grateful all the same)
  • Random acts of kindness
  • Peanut butter
  • Homemade bread
  • Chaco sandals
  • My kids bringing me sticks, dandelions, leaves, rocks, and other sundry items they find outside. What mother doesn't love a stick??
  • Really good writing pens
  • Benjamin's emerging writing skills
  • Email
  • Katie's coos and smiles
  • Ainsley's fantastically frantic hair...mostly
  • Rubbermaid containers
  • Washing machines
  • New crayons
  • That two out of my four children can put on their own shoes
  • The VeggieTales theme song
  • Libraries
  • Electricity
  • Amazingly wonderful neighbors and friends (even when they move to Spokane!)
  • Good examples of motherhood all around me
  • The amazing family from whence I came :)
  • The General Conference edition of the Ensign
  • Dinosaur chicken
  • Family Fun magazine

There. That really helped. Anyone out there in blogland want to find their zen? I'd love to hear what you're thankful for....

2 comments:

Lisa Presley said...

I feel famous! You mentioned me on your blog! That was really really sweet. As soon as I find time, I'll share too. :D I love you...L

LizzyP said...

Thank you for not "tagging" me. Oh, man, that's a surefire way to get me to forget having to do it. Since you made this optional I'm just sure your suggestion/request will stay in my mind until I get it done.